Side Projects

Soap Update: Cut and ready to cure!

3 Days ago I made a batch of soap. Yesterday I removed it from its mold and cut it into bars to cure for a few weeks on racks.

What I learned

Parmentment paper may not be the best liner. Or more likely more time must be spentĀ cutting the lining material to exactly fit the mold rather than just stuff it in there. It was hard to remove and some persisted in the hardened folds.

Basically, I need to work on aesthetics before I ever hope to sell it!

Also, I tried heating the knife in a pot of hot water (second to last picture below) and also tried cutting the soap while it was cool. I noticed no difference!

Here are the pictures. I believe they are pretty self explanatory.

IMG_20150306_110704

IMG_20150306_110721

IMG_20150306_111519

IMG_20150306_112111

IMG_20150306_113210

Advertisements
Standard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s